Car wash equipment varies greatly depending on the type of wash and the services offered. Here is a quick overview of car wash equipment.
3 types of car washes
There are three main types of car washing:
- Washing in a tunnel, where the car is cleaned using brushes and blowers.
- Touch less washing, where powerful sprayers and dryers instead of brushes clean cars as they move along a conveyor belt.
- The self-service car wash, where the driver parks his car and uses a high-powered water sprayer to clean it.
Types of equipment
Here’s a quick look at the types of gear you might need:
- Conveyor and positioning platform
- High pressure
- Tires and wheels
- Water and chemical applicators
- Wash control
- Payment systems
- High gloss application systems.
No matter what type of equipment you need, before you buy, find out about its reliability, applicable warranty, production capacity, cleaning power and durability.
- Don’t necessarily go for the cheapest piece of equipment, as it could eventually require costly repairs and cause service delays and therefore in the long run, will cost your business more.
Check the Canadian Car Wash Association website for a list of car wash equipment suppliers and then contact them directly for more information on product specifications and pricing.
- Do some comparison shopping before you buy to determine where you can find the best deal and the right equipment for your needs.
Cars wash technologies are constantly evolving, so consider providing your customers with the latest technology for optimal washing.