The color red conveys fire, passion, security, energy and firmness. It is a color that stands out in any outfit. If you have a red dress in your wardrobe and you want to wear a look that stands out on a special occasion, in this post we give you some tips on how to combine it and also some makeup ideas for that red dress boutique that will attract attention.
MAKEUP IDEAS FOR A RED DRESS BOUTIQUE
If you’re considering wearing red, here are some ideas and tips to make your face pop, whether it’s for a special occasion or any time of the day.
A red dress is very eye-catching for any occasion, so when it comes to makeup, you have to play with your color palette without overwhelming your face and trying to highlight the main points, like the eyes and lips.
Nude makeup is perfect for any occasion because it gives your face the most natural look possible. The idea is to highlight your look in a simple way, so it’s important that you apply foundation in a color similar to your skin tone.
A perfect eye makeup should highlight three important aspects: the eyebrows, the eyelids and the eyelashes. To achieve this, follow these step-by-step tips:
- First add shadows to the mobile eyelid using a palette of neutral, golden and dark tones. This will give depth to your look.
- Next, take some purple eye shadow; apply it on the skin of your eye socket. Finally, to brighten up your look, use a lighter color for the tear area.
- Apply mascara to the lashes to give them volume and length, which is essential for nude makeup.
- Add some color to your cheekbones, but don’t overdo it because the idea of this makeup is to highlight your natural skin tone.
- Finally, line your lips well and apply nude lipstick according to your skin tone. This will give a natural and light effect that will highlight your lips.
As a second option, you can opt for discreet eye makeup to make your lipstick stand out from all the rest. Some women think that only those with thick lips can achieve this look. However, this style is also great for women with thin lips, and even more so if you’re looking to match your lips to your dress color.
It’s make-up for dressing, the secret of which is to highlight the look. To do this, the eyelid should be tinted with a discreet shadow and you should outline the eyes with black eyeliner . Also, don’t forget to use mascara for the lashes to give them more volume.
Finally, use lipstick in nude colors or shades of red that match your dress.
HOW TO COMBINE A RED DRESS
To combine a red dress, jacket, coat, shoes and accessories will depend on the occasion, and of course your personality.
JACKETS AND COATS
- For special occasions, wear fur coats, preferably black.
- For common occasions, opt for a black jacket or a denim jacket.
Special occasions: for a gala evening, the shoes can be gold, silver or frosted black; it all depends on the shade of red of your dress.
Common occasions: For a very casual red dress, you can wear high (heel or platform) or low black or red sandals. On the other hand, black boots will be perfect for both winter and fall seasons.
These will depend on the occasion and the type of dress you are wearing. If we are talking about a festive evening, it is better to choose necklaces, bracelets and earrings in gold or silver tones. The ideal is always not to overload yourself with too many accessories that distract from the essential: your red dress.