THE WEDDING NECKLACE IS A KEY JEWEL WHICH, IF THE BRIDE CHOOSES TO WEAR IT, MUST SUBLIMATE HER OUTFIT WITHOUT EVER OVERSHADOWING IT. THIS NUANCE IS IMPORTANT, SO WE SUGGEST THAT YOU TAKE A LOOK AT THE CRITERIA TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT TO CHOOSE THIS PRECIOUS PIECE.
A FEW BASIC RULES
First of all, the wedding necklace must match the Madame’s outfit. Indeed, the neckline of your wedding dress is the deciding factor for the type of necklace you will wear.
- For a low-cut dress, choose a pointed necklace, a pendant or a short necklace for the sweetheart neckline, a pendant or a choker for a V-neck.
- For a bustier straight neck, choose a crew neck, a short round or pointed collar.
- For a dress with a bardot neckline, choose a short necklace or a choker.
- For a dress with a boat neckline, choose a thin round necklace.
- For a dress with an American neckline, avoid the necklace and instead favor beautiful curls or hair jewelry.
- For a backless dress, it can be particularly beautiful to wear a necklace that will fall down the back and thus highlight both the body and the garment.
The choice of metal
Use the color of your dress to choose the type of metal for your wedding necklace .
- If your dress is pristine white, opt for white gold, platinum or silver.
- If your dress is ivory, opt for yellow gold.
- If your dress is champagne, opt for yellow or rose gold.
“Less is more”
With wedding jewelry, there’s no need to overdo it. The idea is to sublimate your outfit and not to erase it under a mountain of flashy pieces. Go with small touches, avoiding the complete set of necklaces, bracelets and buckles. Stay in finesse by choosing only one or two types of jewelry in accordance with your bridal look. Finesse is the watchword of this special day.
Choose a piece that looks like you and with which you feel beautiful, good about yourself. It is important to stay true to your personality. The same is true for the rest of your outfit.
Know that a necklace can be discreet and delicate while attracting the eye. Everything is in the right aesthetic balance. Here are some suggestions of models particularly suitable for D-Day, which will go with most styles of wedding dresses.
The pearl necklace is one of the favorite jewels of brides, it is even a great classic. Indeed, it is a subtle, refined and timeless choice. The symbolism of purity, innocence and femininity of pearls also has something to do with it. They add a warm and luminous touch to the outfit, not to mention the fact that they match all skin tones.
There is a huge selection of necklaces with different shapes, sizes and shades.
You can choose the classic row of pearls, or prefer a thin chain punctuated with a single pearl.
Perfectly round pearls are elegant and classic, but for a more casual and contemporary look, look to freshwater pearls with more random and natural shapes.
No, diamonds are not necessarily reserved for the alliance or the engagement ring. This gem symbol of eternal love also magnifies Madame’s bust. Here again, several types of designs are available to you. It is possible to opt for a necklace entirely paved with diamonds.
If you want something more discreet, the diamond fishing line necklace will be perfect with its single sparkling stone seeming to float on the skin.
The diamond pendant, which is particularly delicate, is very popular and can take different shapes depending on the size of the stone. It can also be easily worn after the wedding.
Symbol of purity of feelings and union, the sapphire is also a popular stone on wedding necklaces. It can be a pendant alone, or surrounded by small diamonds. It could also be the famous blue “something” worn by the bride according to tradition.