Straightening brush: what is it exactly?
The hair straightening brush is an electric brush that heats and straightens wires quickly. It does not have the similar effect of flat iron, which leaves hair feeling flat. The purpose of the straightening brush is to make the look of the locks more natural.
How does the straightening brush work?
It has a thin layer of hair that protects the hairline from heat exposure. When you turn on the brush, you need to separate the fine strands and brush your hair naturally, slowly and gently. Upon contact with heat, the threads will become slightly smoother.
Is the straightening brush suitable for all hair types?
It can be used on any hair type, but it will have different results. Very thick locks and hair with many waves will not look straight. For this result, it is best to use the flat iron.
Is the straightening brush expensive?
There are models on sale in the most traditional electronics stores from 80 reais. But the price can vary a lot depending on the brand and features. There are more expensive models, around 300 reais.
Does the straightening brush damage the hair?
Like any device that exhales heat, the electric straightening brush also causes damage to the hair, increasing dryness. Avoid using the product frequently, always moisturize your hair and invest in heat protectants before using it.
How long does the straightening brush last?
It will depend on your hair type. But in general, the softer effect will not be maintained after a lot of sleep or sweat. You can compare it to drying your hair with a hair dryer on medium heat. It does not have the same effect as making a brush, but, the same day, the volume of the wires decreases.
Discover the opinion of the blogger Niina Secrets on the straightening brush:
- If you can, try the product in a beauty salon or with friends before buying it.
- Before purchasing the product, check whether the voltage is compatible with your home.
- Check if the model you purchased should be used with dry or damp hair.
- Avoid applying treatment oils to your hair before using the straightening brush.
- Use a good thermal protector to protect the wires from heat.
- Thoroughly untangle the threads before you start using the device.
- Separate thin strands and brush firmly and slightly slower than a normal brush.
- Do not brush the brush too often at the hairline. This is the most sensitive area and it deteriorates quickly.