Looking for recipe ideas for an easy-to-prepare holiday dinner? Try this recipe for duck breast recipe with three spices by Meraux de Bellay without further delay.
- 800 g duck breasts (3 breasts)
- 1 celeriac
- 1 onion
- fresh parsley
- 15 cal of water
- 2 tbsp. fennel seeds
- 10 cloves2 tbsp. sumac2 tbsp. teaspoon fleur de sel Olive oil Salt Pepper
- Peel and roughly chop 3⁄4 of the celeriac. Steam it for 25 minutes.
- Cut the rest of the celeriac and the onion into small cubes. Fry them over low heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Season them with a pinch of salt, pepper and fresh parsley.
- Meanwhile, prepare the spice mix by crushing the fennel seeds, sumac, fleur de sel and cloves with a pestle.
- Turn on the oven at 180°.
- Slash the fat from each duck breast. Cook them for 3 minutes on the fat and then on the other side for 30 seconds. After searing the meat, cover the duck breasts with the spice mixture and place them on a baking sheet. Make sure the fat side is facing up. Cook for about 12 minutes so that the meat remains pink.
- Meanwhile, mix the steamed celeriac with the water and a drizzle of olive oil. Salt and pepper lightly. The mash should be smooth and creamy.
- Serve the sliced duck breast with the cubes and the hot celery puree. Finish the preparation with a pinch of fleur de sel and fresh parsley.